Fish is a stable in my diet. More specifically fresh, wild caught fish. One of my favorite kinds of fish to eat are swordfish steaks as they are nutrient dense and very easy to find in most grocery stores. Swordfish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, and vitamin D. (The thyroid appreciates those nutrients!) While creating this recipe I was on a very strict low FODMAP and AIP diet. Therefore, this recipe is very simple, yet full of flavor! Pair with your favorite side or with oven baked maduros.
- 2 swordfish steaks cut in half (thin way)
- 1 tbsp. of avocado oil
- 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic if not low FODMAP
- 2 tbsp. lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and allow the swordfish steaks to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat grill pan on stovetop until the pan is hot (and will create a sizzle sound when swordfish steaks are placed in the pan).
- Place the two swordfish steaks in the hot pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- Flip the swordfish steaks and cook for another 4 minutes (or until it reaches an internal temp of about 145 degrees F).
- Serve hot with your favorite side dishes.
The fish marinade in the recipe is great for other white fish such as snapper and grouper. Enjoy!
May you be well – Dominique