The holiday season is upon us! When company is visiting for the holidays it’s always a good idea to have some snacks and treats around the house. These dates balls are perfect for that! They are healthy, nutrient dense, and easy. One characteristic that I love most about this date ball recipe is that the recipe allows for creativity. Most of the ingredients in this recipe are interchangeable. Keep the nut to date ratio the same and voila! A different combination of nuts, spices, and coating make a whole new treat! For this seasonal fall recipe I used:
- 12 dried dates
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1 tblsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of pink salt
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Soak dates in hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Combine all nuts and flax seeds in a food processor and pulse until ground.
- Add salt and cinnamon to ground nut mixture and pulse again.
- Add dates and pulse until mixture is combined. The mixture should be sticky and easy to roll into a ball.
- Roll the mixture into balls of desired size and toss the balls into shredded coconut to coat.
- Refrigerate the balls until firm.
May you be well – Dominique