Carrot and Beet Salad
Carrots and beets are two of my favorite grounding foods. They are loaded with nutrients and are great any time of year. This recipe is an easy way to switch up your typical salad and you can make so many different variations of this salad.
- One package of shredded organic carrots
- One package of organic beets cut julienne style (you can add more if you like more beets)
- One large organic apple cut julienne style
Optional salad ingredients:
- Shredded organic kale
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped green onion
Salad dressing ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey (more if you would like a sweeter and thicker dressing)
- one tablespoon of coconut aminos (more if you would like a stronger taste)
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of grated garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Add all salad ingredients into a bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients into a separate bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Toss salad ingredients and salad dressing together.
May you be well – Dominique