The Air Fryer Version of Baked Apples
Dessert for me generally means some sort of a fruit concoction. Due to the cooler temperatures warm fruit is a great ayurvedic option for dessert. Since the air fryer is a quick and easy alternative to the oven, I decided to try making baked apples in the air fryer. This fruit dessert is sweetened by nature, paleo, gluten free, dairy free, and has a vegan option. It is so good that you’ll forget its made from only wholesome ingredients!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil softened
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon cassava flour
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large apple (or two if you want apples less stuffed)
- Topping of choice: coconut whip, ice cream, cacao nibs, chocolate chips, etc.
- Core one large organic apple (or two if you want apples less stuffed) then slice in half and set aside.
- Prepare apple stuffing by mixing all remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into pit of cored apple halves.
- Air fry at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until apples are to desired tenderness and stuffing is to desired crispiness. (I like the stuffing extra crispy so I cook mine for the full 20 minutes.)
- Top with dairy free coconut whip or ice cream.
May you be well – Dominique